First of all appologies for not posting in a while. I'm going to make up for it by posting (or at least trying to) every day this week!
Last Friday I went to Malaysain Night, an event hosted by the Malaysian, Singaporian and Brunei Society. It was fantastic! I had such a good time. It also reminded me why I love my job so much - it is so inspiring to see students put so much effort and enthusiasm into a project like this. Everything about the event was done by students.
The event started with some AMAZING food. We were then treated to some dancing and then a play that was written, directed and acted by students. Not only was it great drama but it gave me a fantastic insight into Malaysian culture - I left with a much greater understanding of Malaysia.
It was also brilliant to see so many students there - I believe that there were over 200 people there. More societies should put on events like this, events that reach out to as many different people as possible. We have students from all over the world here at Reading (over 1/3 of our studens are from outside the UK). University is the perfect time to learn more about different countries and cultures.
Shivam x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment